Head to some of the Lake District’s most picturesque destinations for the perfect mini moon with Super Break
From coast to country, the UK has won the hearts of British honeymooners, with research* by short break specialist Super Break revealing that newlyweds in 2017 are seeking experiences on home soil rather than exotic long-haul destinations.
And where better to head to than the Lake District, a haven of beauty, countryside and romance? With National Countryside Week upon us too, there’s no better time to feel inspired and discover the beauty of this picturesque part of the country with your loved one during a mini moon!
Sharing ten reasons why it’s the ideal location for a mini moon in 2017, Super Break is sure to have you head over heels with the Lake District in no time.
- Recently awarded UNESCO World Heritage status, the Lake District is the first National Park in the UK to be awarded the honour.
- With a wealth of waterfalls, walks and woods to explore, you can enjoy plenty of alone time without the hustle and bustle of other honeymoon destinations.
- With Lake Windermere on your doorstep, why not hire a boat and explore the many islands and private bays that run the 15km circumference of the lake?
- For couples that would like to indulge in gastronomy during their honeymoon, the Lake District has a wealth of food havens including L’Enclume, Simon Rogan’s famous Cartmel restaurant and Michelin-starred Sharrow Bay.
- Pippa Middleton and James Matthew’s wedding is one of the most talked about events this year, and which romantic destination did James choose to pop the question? Look no further than the Lake District.
- With a range of hotels offering outdoor hot tubs with a view of the lake, you can relax with a glass of champagne in hand and celebrate the start of married life.
- With lots of spa hotels and packages for newlyweds, whether it’s a couple’s massage or facial - you’ll have plenty of opportunity to relax and unwind together.
- Countless breath-taking backdrops and awe-inspiring views give the Lake District a lot of wow factor. One of the most photogenic locations in the UK, be reminded of it every time you look back at pictures from your first holiday as husband and wife.
- With so many beautiful destinations within the Lake District, you can make the most of your time in the region with Super Break’s ‘Explore the Lake District by Rail’ break, which gives you the chance to see everything from its quaint market towns to majestic lakes.
- The range of activities available in the Lake District is so vast, whether you love culture or prefer something that will get the blood pumping, attractions such as The World of Beatrix Potter and sights like Helvellyn mean the Lake District has everything newlyweds need for an amazing escape.
For the perfect minimoon, Super Break has a range of breaks to choose from…
0800 042 0288
Explore by Rail for Lake District – from £254 per person
Why settle for just one destination within the beautiful Lake District when you can experience a handful with this exciting getaway? Including hotel accommodation in Preston, this break will allow you to enjoy the stunning Lakes scenery and picturesque market towns, see the majestic Lake Windermere, enjoy the fresh sea air of the Cumbrian coast and more.
PRICE: From £254 per person for three nights’ accommodation at the Legacy Preston International including explore rail tickets. Valid for arrival on 14h August 2017.
Windermere – from £119 per person
What better way to kick start your honeymoon than with a trip to Lake Windermere? With dramatic scenery and beautiful landscapes, you can choose to hike, bike or simply sight-see around this gorgeous part of the UK. What's more, with gorgeous views from your hotel - the 4* Beech Hill Hotel and Spa - this package comes complete with a Windermere Lake Cruise, making sure your trip is full of moments that you'll remember for years to come. After a day of exploring, return to your hotel and enjoy the plush surroundings it offers.
PRICE: From £119 per person for two night’s accommodation at the 4* Beech Hill Hotel and Spa including breakfast and a Windermere Lake Cruise. Valid for arrival on 17th September 2017.
For more ideas on mini moon breaks in the Lake District visit the Super Break Website.
Tagged in Honeymoon