Experience the perfect honeymoon in Northumberland.
Impressive historical sites, vast landscapes and breath-taking castles that look like they’re straight from a fairy tale await those that visit Northumberland, thus making it a perfect choice for a honeymoon destination.
Whether you’re in search of top-class culture or a spot of R&R, a break to the county could help kick start married life - here are just ten reasons why Northumberland is the ideal honeymoon destination for newlyweds to escape to.
- Home to Alnwick Castle and Gardens - the very inspiration for Hogwarts - it’s the perfect place to get lost in the magic!
- As an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Northumberland Coastline provides rugged cliffs, isolated islands and stunning scenery – the perfect components for any honeymoon escape.
- Home to Bamburgh beach, recently named one of the best in the UK, make the most of the setting and enjoy romantic strolls with your loved one.
- Boasting the darkest skies in England, Northumberland allows you to see the Universe in a way you’ve never seen it before. If you’re really keen to see stars, why not take a trip to the nearby Kielder Observatory for even more unforgettable memories.
- With hundreds of great walking trails such as the Pennine Way, you can explore the beauty of the county for by foot.
- If you’re in search of some history, Hadrian’s Wall will help you uncover Roman history.
- With countless outdoor activities available around the county, you can take part in everything from cycling to wildlife watching.
- With the Farne Islands located just off the coast of Northumberland, a day trip there will help you discover the bountiful wildlife.
- Set on the banks of the River Coquet, newlyweds can enjoy a romantic boat trip for two from Amble’s Marina.
- With stunning cottages featured its Romantic Collection, cottages.com will have you spoilt for choice when it comes to finding the perfect stay!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon