Discover an array of country parks and woodlands in Nottinghamshire.
As the home to the legend of Robin Hood, and boasting an array of country parks and woodlands to explore, Nottinghamshire has a whole host of activities for newlyweds to experience. From romantic strolls through the grounds and stunning scenery of Newstead Abbey, to cave tours at Creswell Crags - whether you’re an adrenaline junkie, a lover of nature, or a culture seeker, there’s bound to be something to suit all couples.
Here are ten reasons why Nottinghamshire is the dream honeymoon destination:
- Follow in the footsteps of the legendary Robin Hood with a trip to Sherwood Forest Country Park.
- As a named ‘City of Literature’ and home to the castle, you’ll find a whole host of historical exhibitions and culture in Nottingham.
- Visit the National Trust’s Clumber Park, a beautiful expanse of parkland, woods and heath. Take a romantic stroll by the lake, or discover the array of wildlife habitats.
- Admire the range of stunning landscapes with a trip to Newstead Abbey. With gardens from around the world and historic collections of Byron, one of the greatest romantic poets of his time, there’s no place more romantic.
- As one of the country’s finest Grade-I listed Elizabethan mansions, boasting 500 acres of parkland, Wollaton Park is the perfect spot for all to enjoy. From Segway tours to ghost nights, it’s the perfect opportunity to spend some quality time with your loved one.
- If you visit the historic market town of Newark, enjoy a picnic in the grounds of its castle, or take a romantic boat trip down the River Trent.
- With cave tours which tell the history of the last ice age and the chance to explore the archaeologist finds, Creswell Crags is the perfect destination for adventurers.
- Situated along the western bank of the River Idle, Idle Valley Nature Reserve is a wetland Site of Special Scientific Interest, home to a variety of wildlife to unearth.
- Attracting show-stopping dramas and breath-taking West End musicals, Nottingham’s Theatre Royal & Royal Concert Hall makes for the perfect evening.
- With cottages.com offering an array of properties in its Romantic Collection, there’s plenty for you to choose from.
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon