Niall Horan says it would be "ridiculous" to not reform One Direction in the future.
The 23-year-old singer recently released his debut solo single 'This Town', but has squashed claims his band - completed by Harry Styles, Louis Tomlinson, and Liam Payne - have disbanded forever as he confirms they "will be back".
Speaking to Sunday People newspaper, Niall said: "At the moment we are all doing our own thing. Everyone is just enjoying just how chilled it is.
"Harry wanted do is his movie and everyone is just chilling. I don't think anyone needs to worry about us we are fine.
"We will be back. We would be silly not to... ridiculous."
It isn't the first time the 'What Makes You Beautiful' singer has hinted at the return of One Direction either, as he previously stated there would be "plenty more" material from the boy band.
He said: "There's going to be plenty more One Direction shows, that's a guarantee so it's not a case of one more show. There's definitely more than one more 1D show coming up, that's a fact."
The 'History' hitmaker also stood up for his fellow band mates, saying no-one gives them "enough credit" for how hard they work in the studio, after former member Zayn Malik - who left in 2015 - said he didn't have enough creative freedom.
He said: "I don't think anyone really gives One Direction enough credit you know - in terms of what we were like in the studio.
"They think 'Here we go, another manufactured lot that don't really write their own stuff', but people would be wrong if they thought that."