Known for adding sizzle and spice to your favourite dishes, PERi-PERi pioneer Nando’s is introducing brand new varieties to its range of marinades – just in time for alfresco BBQs and summer parties!
The marinades, which are new to stores and available nationwide, come in three tongue tingling flavours, all of which are the perfect way to add a delicious Nando’s twist to any meal, pepping up meat, fish and vegetables in an instant.
Each PERi-PERi sauce combines a mouth-watering blend of sun-ripened lemons, garlic and spices and includes of course, Nando’s signature African Bird’s Eye Chilli. The ideal way to add mouth-watering versatility, the sauces bring to life simple vegetable dishes and are ideal splashed onto grilled meat, over fish and even mixed into fresh salads.
Nando’s Lemon & Herb and Mild PERi-PERi sauces are available to buy in major supermarkets with a RRSP of £1.69 for the 125ml bottle and £2.95 for the 250ml bottle.
Feeling inspired? Why not use your imagination and whip up something new at home…
PERi-PERi Chicken Salad With A Twist!
A rocket based salad with Nando’s Lemon & Herb PERi-PERi chicken strips, walnuts and cherry tomatoes
700g chicken breast fillets cut into strips
125ml Nando’s Lemon and Herb PERi-PERi Sauce
120g fresh rocket
250g cherry tomatoes, halved
60ml olive oil
60ml lemon juice
30ml fresh cream
1) Marinate chicken strips overnight in the Nando’s Lemon & Herb PERi-PERi Sauce.
2) Heat the oil in a large skillet and fry the chicken strips for 6 minutes, basting frequently. Leave to cool.
3) Toss the rocket, toasted walnuts, cherry tomatoes and chicken strips together.
4) For the dressing: Combine all ingredients in a jar and shake well. Drizzle over the salad.
Picnic Bread With PERi-PERi Beef
A farmhouse bread loaf filled and layered with avocado, aubergine, rocket and beef strips marinated in Nando’s Smokey Portuguese BBQ Marinade.
1 x large farmhouse bread loaf or 6 small ciabatta rolls
1 small aubergine
60ml olive oil
2 tsp. crushed garlic
500g rump steak
250ml Nando’s Smokey Portuguese BBQ Marinade
2 medium avocados, pitted and sliced
120g fresh rocket leaves
1 small red pepper, deseeded and sliced
1) Marinate rump steak in the Nando’s Smokey Portuguese BBQ Marinade overnight.
2) Cut the top off the bread and hollow out the inside.
3) Slice the aubergine into thin slices and layer onto a flat baking sheet.
4) Drizzle with the olive oil and garlic and roast under a preheated grill until golden in colour. Remove from heat and set aside.
5) Pan fry the marinated steak until cooked to your preference. Remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly.
6) Cut into thin strips and set aside.
7) Layer the inside of the bread with the rocket, steak, aubergines, avocado and peppers.
8) Press all the layers down firmly and replace the bread ‘lid’.
9) Slice into wedges and serve with a green salad.