For the BBQ ribs:
- 1 rack of pork ribs (900g)
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 2 tbsp of dark soft brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of smoked paprika
- Generous pinch of cayenne pepper
- Cider vinegar (50ml)
- Tomato ketchup (100g)
- 3 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
For the cabbage slaw:
- ½ a red cabbage
- 1 large carrot
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tbsp of dark soft brown sugar
- 2 tbsp of yoghurt
- 1 tbsp of cider vinegar
- 1 tsp of Dijon mustard
- 2 tbsp of Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat an oven to 160ºC.
- Add the honey, sugar, smoked paprika and cayenne pepper to a small saucepan and heat until everything is dissolved together.
- Pour in 100ml of water, the vinegar, tomato ketchup and Worcestershire sauce and heat to a simmer.
- Season the ribs with salt and pepper and place them into a deep roasting tray.
- Pour the marinade over the ribs and splash a cup of water into the base of the tray. Cover with foil.
- Place the ribs in the oven and cook for 1 ½ hours.
- Remove the foil, spoon the sauce in the tray over the ribs and add another 100ml of water if the marinade is too sticky.
- Increase the oven temperature to 180ºC and cook the ribs for another 20 minutes.
- Cut the cabbage into quarters length ways and slice finely before placing in a bowl.
- Peel the carrots and dice along with the spring onions.
- Throw all the coleslaw ingredients in with the cabbage and toss together.
- Serve the ribs with the coleslaw for an amazing meal!
Recipe courtesy of Heinz.
Tagged in Recipe