Preparation time: 35 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 110g icing sugar
- 60g ground almonds
- 60g egg whites (usually 2 large eggs)
- 40g caster sugar
- Few drops of lilac food colouring
- 100g Rachel's 0% Fat Greek Style Blueberry yogurt
- 100g mascarpone
- Blueberry jam
- Pre-heat the oven to 170C/325F/Gas Mark 3. Prepare 2 baking sheets and line with baking parchment.
- Sift the icing sugar and ground almonds together then place them in a food processor on full power until a fine powder has formed.
- Whisk the egg whites, sugar and food colouring until you have a firm and shiny meringue.
- Using a large metal spoon, gently fold in thirds the icing sugar and almond mixture. Do not over mix - when the spoon is pulled through the mixture it should flow back together.
- Using a piping bag fitted with a 1cm (1/2 inch) round nozzle, carefully pipe circles onto the baking tray ensuring adequate spaces between each macaroon. If a peak forms, use a wet finger to smooth down.
- Tape the tray down to release any air bubbles and leave to dry for 15 minutes. Bake for approximately 10 minutes until the macaroons have frilly feet and easily peel away from the baking sheet. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile prepare the filling - mix together the yogurt and mascarpone and whisk until smooth and well-combined.
- Sandwich the macaroons with a small blob of blueberry jam and a teaspoon of yogurt and mascarpone mixture. Gently press together. Repeat until you have 8 pairs of macaroons.
Tip: The macaroons will keep well in an air-tight container unfilled until you are ready to eat them.
- Per serving (60g): 190 kcal, Carbs: 24.6g, Sugar: 24.3g, Fat: 8.8g, Sat Fat: 3.2g, Fibre: 1g, Salt: 0.1g
- Cost per serving (60g): £0.30
Tagged in Recipe