- 500gr button onions, peeled & left whole
- 100ml Odysea extra virgin olive oil
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled & left whole
- 100gr, capers, strained & rinsed well
- 1 jar (330ml each) Odysea Perasti
- 1 whole cinnamon stick (medium size)
- Sea salt & a few pieces of fresh thyme
- In a saucepan add whole onions, garlic cloves & cinnamon stick and cook over a very low heat with the lid on until are softened.
- When the onions are 70% cooked, add the tomatoes and finish cooking together.
- Stir in the capers and take off the heat, taste and adjust the seasoning.
- Serve the sauce warm with either grilled fish or lamb.
Recipes created by Theodore Kyriakou from The Greek Larder in partnership with Odysea http://www.odysea.com
Tagged in Recipe