- 250g dark chocolate 70%
- 200ml Yeo Valley's double cream
- 2-4 tbs. booze (whatever takes your fancy!)
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- 200g melted chocolate to roll truffles in (optional)
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a bowl.
- In a pan, bring the cream just to the boil. Once boiled, remove from the heat and allow to stand for 30 seconds before pouring over the pieces of chocolate.
- Stir thoroughly so that the mixed is very smooth and glossy. Add the booze a little at a time, tasting as you go. You can use any flavour you like, we love Cointreau or Eau de Vie!
- Once the booze is all mixture in, place the chocolate mixture in the bowl into the fridge to set. Once set, use a small teaspoon to scoop out even pieces and place on to a baking tray. This mixture should make approximately 30 chocolates.
- The roll each scoop between your hands to make a ball so that they are all the same size.
- Allow the balls to cool again in the fridge again.
- Once chilled for a second time, they are now ready to be rolled in cocoa powder, chopped nuts or re-dipped in melted chocolate to give them a nice crisp outer coating then rolled in cocoa.
tagged in Recipe