- 200ml Thai Taste Coconut Milk
- Pinch of salt
- 100ml Chicken/vegetable stock
- 4 skinless free range chicken breasts portions cut lengthways into chunky portions
- 1 teaspoon palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon Thai Taste Fish Sauce
- 1 tablespoon of fresh Lime Juice
- 1 generous tablespoon Thai Taste Green Curry Paste
- Mixture of oriental salad leaves - Can include Pak Choi, Mizuna, Mustard Leaf, Tatsoi
- Handful of herby salad leaves (should include coriander)
- A few Thai Basil leaves
- 2 banana shallots - peeled and finely sliced
- A grating of fresh lime zest
- 1 tablespoon of roughly ground/crushed roasted peanuts.
- Heat the coconut milk in a pan with a pinch of salt and about ½ the stock. Add the chicken, sugar, fish sauce and lime juice and gently simmer until the chicken is cooked through.
- Add more of the stock if the coconut milk appears to be separating or the pan is getting a little dry. Remove the chicken and set aside to cool.
- Add the green curry paste to the coconut milk mix in the pan and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook for about 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Shred the chicken and return to the pan turning to coat thoroughly in the sauce. Leave to cool to approximate room temperature.
- Mix the various salad leaves, basil and shallots together in a large salad bowl. Into this pout the chicken and sauce mixture and turn again to coat the salad.
- Sprinkle with some fresh lime zest and a few ground roast peanuts and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Thai Taste.
Tagged in Recipe