Though it's nearly September, that CAN'T be it for summer, can it? We need to hold out hope that summer has just been oversleeping, and is suddenly going to make a guest appearance in the next couple of weeks, like a star turning up fashionably late to a film premiere. It could happen, right?
Fortunately, even if sunshine never emerges, All About The Cocktail have put together some great cocktail Recipes that make it feel like summer, despite the rain lashing at your window.
Both Recipes are created by Charlie McCarthy, Creative Director and Purveyor of AllAboutTheCocktail.
Tullamore Glasses Up Cocktail
An approachable and delicious cause for celebration, the Tullamore Glasses Up Cocktail is ideal for a summer wedding or outdoor cocktail party. This champagne style cocktail develops on the vanilla, and soft honey and spice notes in Tullamore Dew Irish Whiskey. Inspired by the ‘Crusta’ cocktail. Can be equally enjoyed by non-whiskey drinkers.
- 40 ml Tullamore Dew
- 10 ml Agave Syrup
- 25 ml cloudy apple juice
- 5 ml fresh lemon juice
- Dash Peychauds bitters
- Approx 30ml champagne.
- Vanilla sugar. Lemon Zest.
- Prepare a flute glass with a vanilla sugar rim.
- Shake all ingredients except champagne together.
- Fine strain into the flute.
- Gently top with champagne.
- Zest lemon twist over the top of the glass, spiral and drop in to the glass.
The Black Tea Grape Smash
Tea Cocktails are very on-trend right now, so AllAboutTheCocktail.com have created a refreshing number to enjoy.
In this cocktail we use black tea, which provides a crisp tannic edge.
- 35ml vodka
- 15ml elderflower cordial
- 5ml fresh lemon juice
- 4 white seedless grapes
- Black tea reduction.
To make the tea reduction simply brew a very strong cuppa, and allow to cool. AllAboutTheCocktail recommends loose leaf Assam from 'We Are Tea' (www.wearetea.com), but at a push an ordinary breakfast tea will do.
This is a crushed ice drink, so to make this at hope simply wrap ice cubes in a clean tea towel and bash with a rolling pin.
- Crush 3 grapes and add in to a tall glass.
- Add all other ingredients except the tea reduction.
- Top with ice.
- Churn with a long spoon.
- Top with more ice to a peak.
- Drizzle a little tea reduction - no more than 15ml- over the top.
- Garnish with a grape & add a straw.