Mexican Independence Day is this Sunday (16.09.12), and to celebrate, Discovery have put together some classic Mexican Recipes. Enjoy a tasty fajita, followed by a dessert of blueberry chips.
A Mexican classic: All in One Chicken Fajitas
- 450g boneless chicken, cut into thin strips
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 green pepper and 1 red pepper sliced
- 1 Discovery Perfect Fajita Kit, includes 8 Soft Flour Tortillas, Discovery Salsa and Fajita Seasoning Mix
- Discovery Guacamole Style Topping
- Discovery Green Jalapeño Relish
- Coat chicken in oil and Fajita Seasoning Mix.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until very hot and add chicken.
- Fry for about 3 minutes until well browned.
- Add onion and peppers and cook for a further 2 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
- Serve with warm Tortillas, Salsa, Soured Cream, Guacamole Style Topping and Green Jalapeño Relish.
Dessert: Blueberry Chips
- Discovery Soured Cream
- 75g blueberry conserve
- Oil for shallow frying
- 4 Discovery Plain Flour Tortillas, each cut into 8 triangles
- 100g caster sugar
- Mix together Soured Cream and blueberry conserve and chill.
- Heat the oil and quickly fry tortillas until golden.
- Lift out of oil with a draining spoon and sprinkle with sugar whilst still hot, then leave to cool.
- Place blueberry dip in the middle of a serving plate and surround with tortillas.