Prep time: 5 mins
Cook time: 50 mins
- 1 medium onion - peeled & sliced
- 3 cloves of garlic - peeled & sliced
- 2 tbsp heinz new york style mustard with honey (or any mild mustard and a spoon of honey)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce or tamari
- Salt and pepper
- 4 large chicken thighs, with skin and bone
- 1 lemon - quartered
- Heat the oven to 180°c/fan 160°c/gas 4
- Scatter the onion and garlic into an oven proof dish.
- Mix the mustard, olive oil and soy sauce, and use it to coat the chicken thighs. Place the chicken pieces on top of the onions. Pour over any remaining mustard mixture.
- Season well with salt and pepper.
- Tuck the pieces of lemon between the chicken thighs.
- Bake for 50 - 60 minutes until the chicken is cooked through and the juices have thickened.
Freezes well - reheat in the oven of microwave.
Scale the recipe up or down - use a roasting tray big enough so you can spread the thighs out to a single layer.
Recipe, styling and photography Helen Best-Shaw (Fuss Free Flavours), for Heinz.
Tagged in Recipe