- Preparation: Approx 20 minutes
- Cooking time: Approx 35-40 minutes
- 1 x 227g Pineapple Slices in Juice, drained
- A little margarine, for greasing
- 6 tbsp golden syrup
- 7 glace cherries
- 150g self-raising flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 150g caster sugar
- 150g soft margarine
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
How to make it
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/fan oven 160°C/Gas Mark 4. Grease and line a 20cm (8 in) round cake tin.
- Spoon the golden syrup into the cake tin, spreading it over the base. Arrange a pineapple ring in the middle, then cut the remaining rings in half and arrange them in the tin with the glace cherries.
- Sift the flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, margarine, unbeaten eggs and vanilla extract. Use a hand-held electric mixer or wooden spoon to beat the mixture together until smooth and creamy - this will only take 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon the mixture into the cake tin and spread it out carefully to cover the fruit. Transfer to the oven and bake for 35-40 minutes.
- ool the cake in the tin for 10 minutes, then run a knife around the edge to loosen it. Place a large plate on top of the tin, invert quickly and lift the tin away. Remove the lining paper. Serve warm with custard or ice cream, or cool completely to serve as a cake.
tagged in Recipe