It’s festival season again! And whilst we are deprived of our beloved Glastonbury this year, if you are heading to any of the festivals (or if you just want that boho-festival-chic look) here are the top hair styling tips from renowned British hairdresser Nicky Clarke.
Warren Holmes, Creative Director at Nicky Clarke says: “The thing is everybody can have great hair, and at a Festival more so than anywhere! Be a little wild, experiment!”
It’s true that it is difficult to take your hair dryers, straighteners and curling tongs with you, but you can take the following steps to ensure gorgeous Festival hair all weekend.
- The night before, give your hair a good wash and use an intense moisturising conditioner.
- Tong your hair, using Nicky Clarke DesiRED Tong. For an organic tousled curl, tong the hair in opposite directions, allow the hair to set and cool down, and pull out with fingers. The more curls you add, the better, you have 3-4 days for the curls to drop.
- Accessorize! Hair accessories are huge for Spring/Summer 2012 (see Chanel and Emilio Pucci)! Raid your local haberdashery for ribbons and bows to add a flash of colour to your tresses.
- Dry shampoo is a great product to replenish hair and make it feel fresher. It also adds great texture and builds up some volume at the roots, which is ideal when hair gets greasy and those curls are weighed down.
- Plait your hair at night to keep your curls and avoid frizz.
Above all, it’s important to have fun with your Hair – it’s a great festival accessory. Try different styles with your curled look – plait Hair to one side or pin the back underneath, leaving just the sides out, use ribbons and anything you can think of, or wear a hat, but make sure your hair is still done underneath.
DesiRED Ceramic Tong
For those who have forever lusted over those salon perfect curls, this is the product for you. The salon inspired ceramic tong is suitable for all Hair types with a total of 8 heat settings ranging from 150 - 230˚C and also includes a state of the art LCD digital display for ultimate temperature control at all times. A swivel cord is provided for tangle free styling to ensure those perfectly smooth, long lasting curls and waves at all times.
Femalefirst Taryn Davies