My Little Pony may have been around since the Eighties but the toy franchise has now inspired a new hair trend called 'Brony Hair.'
Celebrities are the driving force of the new trend and stars such as Britney Spears, Cara Delevingne and Rita Ora have been seen with the 'My Little Pony' look.
Instagram and Pinterest have seen an increase in pictures of rainbow inspired hair since 'Brony Hair' has surfaced.
The kaleidoscope of Crayola-Coloured hair has also been seen on Jessie J, Lilly Allen and Nicole Richie.
To get the look, dye your locks with the signature pastel colours and candy-coloured hues of the toy ponies, mix the different shades to create a rainbow effect and voila - Brony hair!
Here are a few tips and tricks to achieving the 'Brony Hair' look.
- Pick the best shades that will compliment your skin tone. If you are fair-skinned stick to lighter pastels and if you have darker skin then don't be afraid to go for a bolder look.
- Although it is possible to do it at home, going to a salon is the best option to make sure you get the look that you want.
- Practice on a small section of your hair first or use dip-dye to see if you like the colour.
- If you are doing it at home then prep accordingly, that means towels and gloves to avoid staining.
- Apply the hair colour to unwashed hair if you are doing it yourself, the natural oils in your hair will help the colour, so there is no need to wash it beforehand.
- Use a hair moisturiser or a really good conditioner before and after to avoid the hair looking dry.
- Be prepared to make several trips to the salon for touch ups or do it yourself at home, brighter colours will fade faster.