Holidays, sunshine, festivals – what reason could there be not to love summer? Make sure you look and feel your best for the season ahead by embracing a gorgeous new Hair colour and keeping it in tip top condition through the summer months.
But beware, the summer season can play havoc with your Hair condition and colour. The Sun's ultraviolet rays can dehydrate Hair, leaving it dull, dry and brittle. Combine this with sand, seawater, chlorine and hair tongs and it is no wonder locks lose their lustre. Gorgeous rich brunettes can turn a reddish, brassy colour and blonde hair can turn straw-like if not properly cared for.
Follow these tips from the experts at Schwarzkopf to protect your hair and keep your colour at its best:
- If your hair is freshly coloured, try not to expose your hair to harmful UV rays, as it will be more susceptible to change. Plan ahead and aim to colour your hair a week before you go on holiday.
- When shopping for those festival outfits invest in a hat, it will protect your hair – as well as your face and shoulders - from the sun.
- Don’t forget your dry shampoo! Get an extra day out of your hair with a quick spritz. If you do need to wash your hair use a shampoo and conditioner with UV filters. This will create a barrier against those harmful rays, which will protect and prolong your hair colour
- After taking a dip in the sea or at the pool, immediately rinse your hair with fresh water to remove any traces of salt or chlorin
- Be careful of using too many gels or oily styling products before heading into the sunshine. The sun can cause these products to heat up, drying out and damaging your hair
- Maintaining moisture in your hair is a must during hot weather. Use a deep conditioning treatment to stop it drying out – and make the treatment work harder by wrapping your hair in a warm towel whilst using it.
With the Schwarzkopf LIVE Salon Style range, you can choose your perfect colour from a range of stylish and sophisticated shades, such as Chocolate Brown or Light Blonde. The range is co-developed and tested by hairdressers and colourists and provides rich and shiny salon-like colour, but achieved in the comfort of your own Home and your own time. For a budget-friendly £5.99, what better way to start off your new hot summer look?
Schwarzkopf LIVE Salon Style is a range of professional quality Home hair colourants. It is available nationwide from Superdrug, Tesco, Boots, Sainsbury’s, Asda, Saver, Bodycare, Wilkinsons, Morrisons, Amazon and all leading pharmacies. RRP: £5.99.