At Work we are judged on the way we look as well as our performance, so your wardrobe must fulgill many demanding criteria.
Libby Hart is an investment banker in the City and founded her dress label Libby London at the end of 2011.
She has created a line of clothing that women can wear to Work, and feel stylish whilst still practical.
She shares her failsafe tips to ensure that you get you workwear wardrobe just right.
- Look for classic colours that will mix well with your existing wardrobe.
- Choose fabrics that don't crease easily.
- Choose a hemline and a neckline that flatters rather than reveals.
- When trying on, sit down, move around, does the garment pull or ride up?
- Make sure you have well-fitting underwear - it's the foundation for any look.
- Ensure you have at least one dress in your fashion armoury - it will pay dividends.
- Invest in a shirt dress - it is a timeless wardrobe staple you can dress up or down.
- Add a pop of colour with a fabulous ring or statement jewellery.
- Update a tired suit with a blouse in this season's hottest colour.
- Invest in a pencil skirt and a silk blouse - timeless, effortless.
- Ensure you are well groomed, polished nails and hair always make a good impression.
- Invest in your shoes, ensure they are not too high and you can wear them all day.
Femalefirst Taryn Davies