As we eagerly await the arrival of the royal baby, Auto Trader, the UK’s number one digital marketplace to buy and sell new and used cars has compiled a collection of ten vehicles fit for a prince or a princess.
1. Daimler – The Daimler has long been a favourite of the royal family since Edward VII bought one back in 1900 followed by King George the V and VI. Today, the Royal Estate own three Daimlers in their vast collection so the rules of probability dictate one of them has a strong chance of being nabbed by his or her highness!
2. Rolls-Royce Phantom - Used for public engagements and ceremonial occasions, State cars like the Rolls-Royce Phantom transport the royals in a style which is safe, efficient and dignified, allowing as many people as possible to see the passengers inside. A great option if they want to be spotted but one to avoid if they’re after privacy...
3. Bentley – To mark her golden Jubilee, the Queen was presented with two Bentleys which have been the royal State cars of choice since 2002. Perhaps baby Mountbatten-Windsor (that’s William’s surname in case you didn’t know), will agree with Grandma and opt for this classic and British brand.
4. Aston Martin DB6 Volante – Then there’s Granddad’s choice. Prince Charles lent his infamous blue Aston Martin DB6 to the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge on their wedding day so perhaps he’ll be lending it to the royal heir one day, too...
5. Audi A8 – Another in Prince Charles’ extensive collection, the royal baby will have access to flashy cars from a young age.
6. MG ZR –Believe it or not, the MG ZR was one of Prince William’s cars of choice before getting hitched, so entering parenthood might stir up some nostalgia and see a return to this old favourite.
7. Jaguar XJ – This is more like it! Another of Prince William’s cars, the new royal baby may find him or herself safely tucked up in a baby seat in the back of one of these stylish execs.
8. Audi A3 – And let’s not forget Prince Harry. Often pictured getting in and out of his Audi A3, his duties as an uncle dictate he may be using the car to entertain the newest member of the family too.
9. Land Rover Range Rover – It isn’t just immediate family we should consider. Zara Phillips, who is also expecting a royal baby of her own, has long been an ambassador for Land Rover and may wish to get some babysitting experience under her belt before her own baby arrives.
10. Volkswagen Golf – Most surprisingly of all, before she became royalty Kate drove a Volkswagen Golf. Perhaps she’ll dust it off and get it out of the garage to keep the royal sprog grounded.