Puss In Boots has stayed at the top of the U.S. box office for a second week.
Despite Tower Heist being the big new release of the week the Ben Stiller project could not topple the animation movie as it took a further $33 million.
Tower Heist which sees Stiller team up with Eddie Murphy and Matthew Broderick, had to settle for second as it took $25.1 million in it's opening weekend.
When a group of hard working guys find out they've fallen victim to a wealthy business man's Ponzi scheme, they conspire to rob his high-rise residence.
A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas was the second and final new entry inside the top ten this week as it opened at number three.
Paranormal Activity 3 was down two places while In Time also fell two places to round off the top five.
There was a two place drop for Footloose while Real Steal was down just a single place this week.
The Rum Diary was this week's biggest faller as it dropped three places from last week's number five to this week's number eight.
The Ides of March and Moneyball both fell one place to nine and ten.
1. (-) Puss in Boots - $33 million
2. (-) Tower Heist - $25.1 million
3. (-) A Very Harold and Kumar 3D Christmas - $13.1 million
4. (2) Paranormal Activity 3 - $8.5 million
5. (3) In Time - $7.7 million
6. (4) Footloose - $4.55 million
7. (6) Real Steel - $3.4 million
8. (5) The Rum Diary - $2.98 million
9. (8) The Ides of March - $2 million
10. (9) Moneyball - $1.9 million