The Conjuring 2 has toppled Me Before You from the top of the UK box office.
The Conjuring 2 comes three years after the success of the first film and sees Vera Farmiga and Patrick Wilson back as paranormal investigators Lorraine and Ed Warren. The movie also sees James Wan back in the director's chair.
This is the first horror film for Wan since Insidious: Chapter 2 and the first time we have seen him in the director's chair since the success of Fast & Furious 7 last year.
The film took £4.6 million in its opening weekend to comfortably see off the competition and claim the #1 spot.
Me Before You fell a single place to number two while Gods of Egypt was the second and final new entry in at number three.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows and Alice Through the Looking Glass were both two place fallers as they rounded off the top five at four and five.
The Nice Guys was one of the none-movers on the chart this week as it stayed put at number six. While X-Men: Apocalypse fell two places this week at number seven.
Warcraft: The Beginning fell out of the top five as it slipped from four to number eight - it was this week's biggest faller.
The Boss was down two at nine while Angry Birds was also a two place faller; down from eight to this week's number ten.
- (-) The Conjuring 2 - £4,637,862
- (1) Me Before You - £979,126
- (-) Gods of Egypt - £484,467
- (2) Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows - £438,885
- (3) Alice Through the Looking Glass - £418,384
- (6) The Nice Guys - £414,147
- (5) X-Men: Apocalypse - £380,092
- (4) Warcraft: The Beginning - £320,910
- (7) The Boss - £297,764
- (8) Angry Birds - £238,692