FemaleFirst can today exclusively premiere the stream for John Barrowman's forthcoming new album 'You Raise Me Up'.

In his career John has become a star of both stage and screen on both sides of the Atlantic, releasing four studio albums prior to this one and starring in the amazing cult series Torchwood, pushing boundaries like never before.

Now he's collaborated with fans through PledgeMusic for a new release featuring eleven classic tracks, including some of his favourite contemporaries.

Showcasing the effortlessly powerful voice we've all grown to recognise and love through songs including 'Mandy' and 'Skyscraper', this record is nothing short of a beautiful collection.

Not only will he be releasing the new album, but he'll be embarking on a massive 16-date tour of the UK next year making it his first full UK tour for four years.

"I'm so excited to be touring again that I'm choreographing songs and arranging stories in my sleep!" John said.

Tickets for the tour go onsale tomorrow - Friday June 27 - at 10am through www.gigsandtours.com and www.ticketmaster.co.uk.

'You Raise Me Up' is officially available to buy from Monday June 30.

by for www.femalefirst.co.uk
find me on and follow me on

1. by Marvel_Fan 26th Jun 2014 13:04

Mr Barrowman never disappoints, his version of 'You Raise Me Up' reminds me off Primary school as it was one of the songs we used to sing in assembly's and in music Lessons. It's nearly enough to make me cry!

2. by DasDutt 26th Jun 2014 14:07

Only in the UK? Sigh. I wish he would do a concert in the US. Maybe some Broadway?

3. by Joe 26th Jun 2014 15:45

I can't wait to get this album - it sounds fantabulous and his voice as always is amazing :) And roll on next May - a weekend of music and football in Manchester await me as he's managed to coincide his Manchester gig with the weekend of the last home game of the season :D

4. by Susanna 26th Jun 2014 17:44

Can't wait for my album next week my favourite is This is the moment but all great. Booked ticket for blackpool this morning yield

5. by Jacqueline Carole Jenkins 26th Jun 2014 20:14

excellent all rounder - Tickets all bought for Ipswich !!!!!!

6. by Iris H 26th Jun 2014 21:15

This album is a must have! Amazing beyond words! Can't wait for mine!

7. by Christian Bol 26th Jun 2014 22:12

Wow,That is so fantastic, fantastic,fantastic!!
    John this is te best Album all time! I have tears in my eyes. When I heare your Voice, I get goosepimples That so emotional. Thnaks so much for this unique Album. That is so gret.

8. by [email protected] 26th Jun 2014 22:34

This is a must for anyone to buy. Just listened to the album and I was in tears. HAPPY TEARS. I was really emotional myself at some of the songs, especially "Loch Lomond" and "This Is The Moment." The range John went to on "This Is The Moment" is the highest I have ever heard him reach. It would be EXCELLENT if he had some pipers at he Concert in Glasgow when he sings "Loch Lomond." Looking forward to the concert.

9. by Janice Adams 26th Jun 2014 23:26

Das Dut we are trying to get a US tour. John is not known as a singer in the US and so the people who would fund a tour are not willing to take a chance on him. However if you can gat... Read More

10. by ellie 27th Jun 2014 00:37

What an amazing voice he has, was in tears with some of them

11. by Annette Singh 27th Jun 2014 05:55

gorgeous cd...got to get this asap....and Janice Adams....Got to get him to Florida...and just mention Torchwood and the folks over here know who ya mean....cant wait to see if he comes over....I did meet him once at the Preston Marriott.....used to work there...he was a guest....but I left after my shift and was gutted to find out he had been singing in the bar AFTER I left....!!!...Gutted...lol