With 'staying in' fast becoming the new 'going out', ditch the traditional (and often overpriced) Christmas outing and host a party at home. Whether large or small, luxury, bespoke and independent event caterer Hunter VIII Hunter will ensure that this year's seasonal celebrations are worth remembering by handling all of the hard work.
Made up of an experienced and dynamic team of four creatives, chefs, events, planners and stylists, Hunter VIII Hunter provides an unrivalled events planning and catering service that makes it the perfect choice for those looking to throw the most exclusive and unique events this Christmas.
Budding party hosts can choose from either a bespoke planning service, catering for both small parties and larger numbers, or Hunter VIII Hunter's unique Drop Off Service, an app that allows customers to order an entire party direct to the door with the touch of a few buttons. Once ordered, the Hunter VIII Hunter team pulls together all the elements required for the perfect party, from the menus to the table settings, flowers, music, wine and more. The selection is then delivered within 24 hours to any address in London, providing an exceptional service in a very fast turn-around.
A special Christmas menu will include traditional staples and modern twists such as White Bean Velouté with Chestnuts & Caramelised Pear and Venison, Black Cherry & Pepper Terrine with Foie Gras Profiteroles to start. Main courses of Truffled Veal Tenderloin, Celeriac Puree, Cavolo Nero & Veal Jus, Roast Turkey with Duck Fat Roast Potatoes, Red Cabbage, Stilton Slaw & Cranberry Jam and Cigar Smoked Duck, Walnut, Bone Marrow Mash & Sherry Pickled Rhubarb and for dessert choose between Winter Spiced Plum & Pear Crumble with Crème Anglais, Brandy Flamed Physalis dipped in Dark Chocolate or Cinnamon & Salted Caramel Ice Cream.
These delicious dishes are made with the best local produce at the Hunter VIII Hunter headquarters, wrapped up safely and delivered with easy to follow video tutorials on how to serve.
Experts in their field, the Co-founders of Hunter VIII Hunter, Nicole Richardson and Sheine Alexander have put together her top tips for planning the perfect Christmas party:
1. Theme - The theme of your party will be personal to you and should run throughout your event and be reflected in everything from your décor and flowers to your food and drink choices. Whether you choose to go down the traditional route or opt for a modern minimalistic party, do so with style and remember less is usually more. Choosing a colour palate and sticking to it will with help you create an impactful look.
2. Food & Drink - Both food and drink will be at the heart of any festive get together. Choose fresh foods and flavours, using the best and most local produce will give your menu an instant boost. Combine old and new dishes - people enjoy a traditional offering at Christmas but this doesn't mean you have to serve the same thing as last year. Work with a caterer who understands your vision to create a menu that will set your party aside from the rest.
3. Design - It's well known that we eat with our eyes long before the food touches our lips, and there is no better way to amplify your Christmas party food choices than with garnishes and finishing touches designed to wow. Try simple touches like gold leaf on chocolate to easily create an impactful dessert.
4. Allergies & Intolerances - Unless you know everyone's dietary requirements and there is nothing too complicated, go with the option of sharing platters or a buffet to keep everyone happy. Try keeping spicy food and condiments separate so that guests can add as much or as little as they like. Do not pick boring vegetarian dishes as there will most likely be at least one vegetarian guest and they will have had endless goat cheese tarts! Ensure your caterer has an array of great vegetarian, vegan and gluten free options so no one feels left out.
5. Staffing - If you are staffing your event, it's important to ensure that you are working with a trusted team. At Hunter VIII Hunter we never use agency staff, working with only the best and most trusted individuals. We hand-pick each member of the team to fit the exact brief and believe that through treating our staff well we can properly support our wider team and provide clients with the best experience possible.