Since December 2017 Pampers has inspired over 15,000 parents to say #ThankYouMidwife and here's why it's so imporant to do so...
- It’s the norm to thank teachers, aunties and friends for presents we can’t remember getting, and even send cards to those that look after the cat for a week or bring the washing in when it’s raining…but what about those that are responsible for bringing your little one safely into the world?
- They’re with you from the beginning to the end. Husbands and partners may come and go for coffee breaks but that midwife isn’t going anywhere
- 1 in 3 midwives in the UK feel underappreciated for the incredibly important role they play. Time to turn that around
- Turns out that just over half of UK mums (58%) actually say thank you to their midwife. Time to turn that around too
- You probably broke a few bones in their hand or blew their ear drum at some point so let’s face it, saying thank you is the least you can do!
- Today is International Thank You Day – what better time to say it
- 8 out of 10 mums agree it is important to thank their midwife – better go and do so!
- There are over 40,000 midwives in the UK working day in and day out to deliver bundles of joy, giving up their Christmas’, Sunday’s and lie ins
- You’re trusting them with the little bun you’ve cooked for 9 months – pretty important!
- It’s super easy to do so with Pamper’s new Thank You Midwife cards in partnership with Moonpig
This International Thank You Day (11th January), as part of its ongoing commitment to supporting and championing the UK’s midwives, Pampers is making it even easier for parents to show their gratitude, by launching a special range of #ThankYouMidwife cards in partnership with Moonpig.
The range of six specially designed cards, provides an easy way of sending a meaningful token of gratitude to the midwives that do so much. Available to be purchased and personalised on the Moonpig website from £3.29 + postage, the cards provide the perfect opportunity for parents across the nation to show appreciation for bringing their baby safely into the world – no matter how much time has passed.
A thank you card goes a long way, even on those occasions when the act is a simple one: you’ve been sent flowers; looked after the cat or brought the washing in when it rained. We send them every year to teachers, babysitters, aunts and parents yet it’s odd that possibly the most important person with one of the most challenging roles is missed: the midwife responsible for delivering the person you’ve waited 9 months to meet. With Moonpig’s simple online order and delivery function, parents can easily thank their midwife no matter the time of day, month or year.
What’s more, £1 from every card purchased will be donated to the Benevolent Fund of the Royal College of Midwives Trust (RCM) which will be used to support midwives in need; that’s in addition to Pampers donating £1 for every share of the #ThankYouMidwife hashtag upon launching the campaign. This additional contribution emphasises Pampers long-term commitment to supporting every midwife in the UK, as they play a critical role in the healthy, happy development of every baby.
Katie Piper, who has recently given birth to her second child, continues to support the campaign and will be sending a heartfelt thanks to all of the midwives who have looked after her during both of her pregnancies
Katie Piper, Pampers Brand Ambassador, said:
“I’m so thankful for the amazing midwives who have been with me every step of the way during my pregnancy with Penelope.. Just like with my first little girl, my midwives went above and beyond the call of duty – it made me really sad to hear they feel undervalued! I want to say thank you to them all as no question was ever too silly or request too much.”