Prince Harry has declared Borough Market "open for business" after a terrorist attack in the area left eight dead and many others injured earlier this month.
The 32-year-old royal made a surprise visit to the popular food market in London on Thursday (15.06.17) where he met with traders and restaurateurs whose staff and customers were caught up in the recent terrorist atrocity when attackers drove a van into pedestrians on London Bridge before getting out of the vehicle and stabbing several revellers in nearby bars and restaurants.
Borough Market was closed for 11 days following the attack, which took place on June 3, and re-opened its stalls on Wednesday (14.06.17) following a minute's silence held by the traders.
A Kensington Palace spokesperson said of Harry's visit to the market: "Prince Harry was keen to come down as soon as possible to spread the message this vibrant market is open for business."
And told how traders are donating food to victims of the West London fire, Prince Harry said: "Those poor people - our thoughts are with them. The strength of this community and London as a whole is magic."
During his visit, the flame-haired royal also met with 47-year-old Matt Jones who runs the Bread Ahead stall at the market, who whose staff fought off attackers with brooms and crates as they went on the violent rampage.
Matt said after meeting Harry: "The business was in full operation. I was at home at the time but I had staff working on the night of the attack.
"Two of them got involved throwing bread crates at the attackers to try and save one of the women being attacked. It was really bad.
"Yesterday saw so many regular customers coming back. A lot of customers buy their bread here. Harry coming here is great for business."
Meanwhile, Darren Henaghan, Borough Market managing director, said Prince Harry's support for the traders was "marvellous".
He said: "It is absolutely marvellous that Prince Harry came here today. It means a great deal to everyone connected with the market."
Tagged in Prince Harry