Here’s one for everyone. As UK holidaymakers prepare to embark on their summer breaks, WatchShop.com has compiled the top waterproof watches for women, men and children. So whether heading to Butlins with the kids or the beaches of Croatia with friends, these stylish timepieces are safe in water and can help the fashion conscience keep track of how long they’ve been in the sun.
The UK’s leading online independent watch retailer recommends the below wrist-wrapping watches for your holiday, all available to buy at www.WatchShop.com
Mid-size Breil Mantalite Watch
This attractive Breil Mantalite watch has a plastic/resin case and is powered by a quartz movement. It is fitted with a white plastic/resin strap and has a blue dial. Water resistant to 100 metres.
Mid-size Timex Ironman Triathlon All Day 50 Lap Chronograph Watch
Stylish sports watch in resin and rubber, featuring alarm, chronograph and date function. The strap is a deep purple. Water resistant to 100 metres.
Accurist Activ Chronograph Watch
Men’s Accurist Acctiv watch in stainless steel and rubber, featuring chronograph and Japanese Quartz movement and rubber strap. Water resistant to 100 metres.
Breo Zen Watch
This attractive men's Breo Zen watch has a plastic/resin case and is fitted with a quartz movement. It fastens a blue rubber strap and has a blue dial. Water resistant to 100 metres. Price: £45
Cannibal Orange Watch
This children’s Cannibal watch is made from plastic/resin and is fitted with an analogue quartz movement. It is fitted with a red rubber strap and has a white dial. Water resistant to 50 metres.
Cannibal Alarm Chronograph Watch
This children’s Cannibal watch is made from plastic/resin and is powered by a digital chronograph quartz movement. It is fastened with a blue rubber strap and has a LCD dial. The watch also has a date function. Includes alarm function. Water resistant to 100 metres.
For more information on the above products go to www.WatchShop.com
WatchShop.com’s top tips on keeping watches and jewellery safe in the summer sun and in the water.
1. When choosing a watch to take to the beach, be prepared for it to be used, and used well. Make sure it is durable and tough enough to handle what you plan to do with it (ie, if diving make sure it is dive proof, if surfing, make sure it is built for such).
2. When buying, or taking a watch you already own to water-related destinations, be sure it is either waterproof when submerged or at least water resistant.
3. If you’re planning to swim a lot or dive, be sure you choose or have a watch that is waterproof to at least 5 bar (marked 50m) or higher and choose a watch with a stainless steel or rubber / plastic strap.
4. If your watch does get soaked in the sea, wash it off with clean water, as prolonged exposure to sea water can damage cases and bracelets, and can affect gaskets and seals making the watch lose its water resistance.
5. Make sure your watch and bracelets are loose when worn in hot countries to allow the skin to breathe. This will help reduce skin rashes caused by heat.
Do you have jewellery tips to share? Tell us what they are in the comment box below or tweet us @FemaleFirst_UK
Shabana Adam @Shabana_FAM