Though he won the series last year, Matt Terry isn’t afraid about speaking out about the changes that have taken place on The X Factor this series, saying that it’s a “bad thing” seeing at least two acts face elimination every weekend.

Matt Terry prefers the show's old format

Matt Terry prefers the show's old format

Speaking with The Express, he said he liked the general rule changes, “but the only thing I don’t understand or I’m a bit jealous of, is the fact that they get the prizes. We didn’t have that but I’m not sure how I feel about it.

“I think it’s really scary that you know who gets the most votes – that could get a bit old. Apart from that, the new studios are amazing, the production are smashing it and the contestants are lovely.”

He did remember his annoyance at the elimination format however, adding: “The public used to get to know you over two and a half months, whereas this year it’s cut in half. Nicole’s had two leave already! It’s mad. I think it’s a bad thing, I think it should be longer. It’s a bit harsh getting rid of two.”

This weekend, there were supposed to be double eliminations on both Saturday and Sunday night, but Simon Cowell changed his mind, saying it would be unfair to get rid of so many people.

A source told Digital Spy: “We have some great talent on the show this year. Simon thinks it’s unfair to cut the numbers so drastically when contestants are doing so well. Talent this year is exceptional and with fewer weeks of live shows, producers want to give them more time to shine and more time for the audiences to pick their favourites.”

The X Factor continues tonight (November 12) with the second half of George Michael tribute weekend at 7.25pm on ITV.


by for www.femalefirst.co.uk
find me on and follow me on


Tagged in

Recommended Articles