With The Great British Bake Off and National Baking Week (16th -22nd October 2017) both in full swing, Agave Nectar can be used a pretty groovy alternative to refined white sugar and artificial sweeteners, making it the perfect ingredient for budding bakers.
Five Benefits of Agave Nectar
- Agave Nectar sweetens food and drink with a subtle flavour. It is therefore a useful alternative to sugar when baking or cooking, as the heat does not damage its flavour or leave a bitter aftertaste.
- Agave Nectar has a very low freezing point making it perfect in chilled desserts and ice-creams.
- It is a great alternative to refined white sugar and artificial sweeteners as each bottle is 100% natural, organic and naturally fat-free.
- Agave Nectar has 25% fewer calories gram for gram than refined sugar and is 1.5 times sweeter. 50% fewer calories are used to achieve the same sweetness as regular sugar!
- With its naturally low Glycemic Index (GI), Agave Nectar provides a slow and steady energy release, as opposed to refined sugars, which can cause frantic highs and exhausting lows.
Five Every Day Uses for The Groovy Food Company Agave Nectar
- Baking: Agave Nectar works particularly well in chewier bakes such as flapjacks, but also in cakes and muffins.
- Hot Drinks: Agave Nectar can be used as an alternative to sugar and can be squeezed into tea and coffee.
- Breakfast: Agave Nectar can be swirled in porridge or squeezed over yoghurt to add a subtle refined sugar-free sweetness.
- Replacement for Syrup: Agave Nectar is delicious when drizzled on pancakes.
- Cocktails: The Light Amber & Mild Agave Nectar is a great component in cocktail making. It is the ideal sweetener for tequila cocktails such as a Margarita because the two agave products naturally work well together.
The Groovy Food Company’s Agave Nectar is available in Light Amber & Mild and Rich & Dark – both of which has their own unique flavour profile and both are incredibly versatile. Light Amber & Mild is golden in colour and delivers a natural sweetness, whilst Rich & Dark is intensely sweet with a richness that is similar to maple syrup or cane sugars.
To learn how to bake your own showstopper creations using Agave Nectar and for other delicious recipes, visit The Groovy Food Company website: http://www.groovyfood.co.uk/recipes