Recipe courtesy of Aldi.
- 2 large Carrots, trimmed and peeled
- 3-4 Spring Onions, trimmed and sliced lengthways into 3cm long sticks
- 1 plump Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 small Red Chilli, seeded and very thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp Cream Sherry
- 1 tsp Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Specially Selected Rapeseed Oil
- Thumb-sized piece Ginger, peeled and grated
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
- 1 tbsp Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp Fresh Mint, chopped
- Spiralise the carrots using the ‘twister spiral cone’ and place in a serving bowl along with the spring onions.
- Mix together the crushed garlic, chilli, lime juice, sherry, soy sauce, oil, ginger and a few twists black pepper.
- Pour over the carrots and gently mix.
- Toast the flaked almonds either under a grill (take care not to burn) or in a dry pan, shaking the pan to toast evenly.
- Sprinkle over the salad and finish with a sprinkling of chopped herbs.