Upon the release of the new range of natural plant protein hemp blends from Linwoods- here we have the benefits of eating hemp as part of a vegan diet.
- Hemp is a natural and rich protein source. Linwoods Hemp Protein+ contains 15-16g of protein per 30g or 35g per 100g of Shelled Hemp.
- Hemp contains lots of fibre which aids healthy digestion
- Hemp is rich in Omega-3 and Omega-6 which are great for skin health (vegan diets often lack these as the richest source of fatty acids is fish)
- Hemp seeds may reduce symptoms of PMS and Menopause as they contain GLA which reduces the effects of these symptoms which are caused by the sensitivity to the hormone prolactin
- Hemp is high in iron which supports oxygen transport around the body and the reproduction of red blood cells. When we are low in iron we are low in energy, remember to get plenty of Vitamin C too as this helps with the absorption of Iron
- Hemp is a great source of amino acids, the building blocks of protein, which are important for the healthy growth of muscles and skin
- Packed full of magnesium which is shown to lower the risk of coronary heart disease and support healthy bones, muscles, nerve function and energy metabolism. Magnesium is also important for assisting the body in absorbing calcium and is an essential mineral for our diet
- Adding hemp to your meals keeps you fuller for longer which helps avoid overeating
- Hemp’s polyunsaturated fat content could help to reduce cholesterol levels and the build up of materials on the inside of arteries
Tagged in Vegan