Vegan loves for lovers of green!
- 2 cups light spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons BLOOM Matcha powder
- 1/2 cup ripe mashed banana (1 medium banana)
- 1/3 cup melted coconut oil
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons organic sugar or coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons black sesame seeds
- 8-10 mini loaf cake cases
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Combine the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mash the banana along with the maple syrup, sugar, vanilla extract, and coconut oil. If there are any large lumps from the banana, you can always use the food processor to blend it until smooth.
- Add the wet mixture to the dry mixture and use a spatula to gently fold together until combined. Pour it into small mini load cases and then bake in the oven for 25 minutes, or until you can prick the centre of each loaf with a fork and it comes out clean.
- Once cool, brush the top of each cake loaf with vanilla almond milk and top with a sprinkling of black sesame seeds for a nutty crunch.
- Cakes will stay good for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Recipe courtesy of BLOOM Tea.
Stockist: Holland and Barrett, £16.99.