There’s no skimping on taste if you go veggie with recipes from Love Canned Food that don’t cost the earth. The initiative is aiming to highlight the range of great quality and time effective canned ingredients.
- 2 tbsp of vegetable oil
- 1 onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic finely diced
- salt and pepper
- 1 green or red chilli finely diced
- 1 x 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 300ml pint water
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 x 400g can of mixed beans
- 1x 400g can of kidney beans
- 1 can of sweet corn
- 300g of cooked white rice
- A large handful of coriander
- In a large saucepan, warm the oil and add the onion and garlic, cook until soft.
- Add the chilli, salt, pepper, chopped tomatoes, water, tomato puree and chilli powder and cook for around 20 minutes the flavours begin to marinade together
- Add the beans and sweet corn and cook the mixture for a further 10/15 minutes, check for seasoning and add extra salt and pepper if desired.
- Serve up with some fluffy white rice and a sprinkling of chopped coriander