This recipe is a tasty way to serve Tofu for a quick and easy supper.
Preparation: 15 mins plus 15 mins marinating time
Cooking time: 6 mins
- 250g block of tofu
- 75ml rice vinegar
- 1 tsp Thai Taste red chilli paste
- 3 tbsp Thai Taste palm sugar
- 150g shittake mushrooms
- 1 pack Thai Taste sticky rice
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 25g salted peanuts, chopped
- 1 jar Thai Taste satay peanut sauce
- Drain the tofu and pat dry with kitchen paper.
- Cut the tofu into 2cm cubes.
- Mix the rice vinegar, fish sauce, chilli paste and sugar together and place in a shallow bowl. Add the tofu and mushrooms and stir well until everything is coated. Leave for 15 mins to marinate.
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in cold water.
- Meanwhile cook the Thai Taste sticky rice as directed on the pack.
- Thread tofu and mushrooms alternately onto wooden skewers, leaving the marinade in the dish.
- Lightly oil a griddle pan and fry the skewers for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- Heat the satay sauce in a small pan and add the marinade, bring to the boil and serve alongside the satay sprinkled with chopped peanuts .
- Serve with pak choi – Method below
Preparation: 3 mins
Cooking time 3 mins
- 4 pak choi
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ -1/2 red chilli, chopped
- Cut off the stem off the pak choi and separate the leaves.
- Heat the vegetable and sesame oils in a frying pan and add the garlic and chilli, fry for a few seconds then add the pak choi and fry for 2-3 mins until wilted.
- Season with fish sauce if liked and serve with the satay.