Just one handful of almonds* provides 60% of the daily recommended amount of the beautifying vitamin E, so to celebrate, here is a yummy scrummy snack containing nature's beauty secret- almonds.
2 cups (280g) whole almonds
2 cups Medjool dates
3/4 cup almond butter
3/4 cup coconut oil
1 cup cacao powder
1 cup sultanas
6 oatcakes (dry oat biscuits)
- Remove the pits from the dates and add them to a saucepan with 1/4 cup of water, bring to the boil and reduce to a simmer for 3-5 minutes until the dates are soft.
- Drain the water and add the dates into the blender.
- Melt the coconut oil and add it to the blender with the almond butter and cacao.
- Blend up until a smooth mixture.
- Pour out of the blender into a mixing bowl and let it cool.
- Add the whole almonds and sultanas to the bowl and stir into the chocolate mix.
- Break up the oatcakes into thumbnail-sized pieces and add to the mixing bowl.
- Give the mix a really good stir, and pour into a brownie tin.
- Place in the freezer for 60 minutes until completely hard and crunchy, and store in the fridge.
- Slice, serve and enjoy!
Recipe courtesy of The Almond Board of California and Naturally Sassy.