Recipe courtesy of Nosh Detox.
2 kg King Edward potatoes
1 big bunch of fresh sage 1 small bunch of Rosemary
8 cloves of garlic
6 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 220ºC/425ºF/gas 7.
- Peel and chop the potatoes into large chunks, roughly the size of a golf ball.
- Parboil the potatoes in a pan of boiling, salted water for 10 minutes, then drain in a colander, shaking it to chuff up the edges. Leave to cool for 5 minutes until fluffy looking.
- Meanwhile, peel long strips of peel from the oranges using a peeler, and pick the sage leaves.
- Place a good helping of oil into a large roasting tray on the hob over a low heat, add the unpeeled garlic, orange peel and sage leaves, then fry for 30 seconds.
- Add the potatoes and toss together until well coated. Then place into the oven for 45 minutes or until golden and crisp.