Recipe courtesy of Aldi.
- 2 tbsp Solesta Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, peeled and diced
- ¼ Swede, peeled and diced
- 200g Carrots, topped and diced
- 200g Parsnips, topped and diced
- 300g Maris Piper Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 4 Quixo Vegetable Stock Cubes
- 2 litres boiling Water
- Handful of fresh Parsley, chopped
- 1 tsp Stonemill Thyme
- 3 Savoy Cabbage Leaves, shredded
- Freshly Ground Salt and Black Pepper
- Heat the oil in a large pan and add all the vegetables apart from the cabbage.
- Pop on the lid and allow the vegetables to sweat over a very low heat for around 15 minutes.
- Dissolve the stock cubes in the boiling water and add to the pan.
- Add the parsley, thyme and seasoning.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer gently for around 40 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook for a further 10–15 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread rolls.