(Contains nuts, Vegan, Gluten-free)
- 200g of unsweetened almond milk or possibly water if nut free version,
- 250g of Quaker Gluten Free Oats
- 50g dried apricot
- 50g dried cranberries
- dash of maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- pinch of cardamom
For the icing:
- 1 soup spoon of corn flour,
- dash of maple syrup,
- pinch of turmeric,
- 200 ml of water
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
Method (for the cake):
- Boil the almond milk, add Quaker Gluten Free Oats and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Add the apricot and cranberries together with maple syrup, cardamom and pinch of salt.
- Mix it well with a whisk and pour it all into a 6 inch, round shaped cake tin.
- Let it cool
Method (for the icing):
- Mix the water with the corn flour and turmeric and start simmer it in a low heat.
- Keep on whisking it continuously and boil it for about 3 minutes.
- It will become a thick sauce-like consistency.
- Add the lemon juice, lemon zest and maple syrup. Mix it well.
- Once it is done, pour it straight on the top of the porridge cake while the sauce is warm.
- Garnish it on the top with your favourite summer/autumn fruits and berries.
- Once cooled down, can be taken out of the spring-form and sliced into 10-12 slices.
This recipe was created to celebrate the launch of the new Quaker Gluten Free Oats.