Cate Blanchett and Andrew Upton celebrate their 20th wedding anniversary today so we share some things you might not know about the couple.
1. Blanchett met her now husband Upton in 1996 on the set of a TV show.
2. They got married on the 29th December 1997.
3. The couple now have three sons: Dashiell John (born 3 December 2001), Roman Robert (born 23 April 2004), and Ignatius Martin (born 13 April 2008) and an adopted daughter Edith Vivian Patricia, whose adoption was confirmed in March 2015.
4. In the early 2000s, they lived in Brighton, however decided to move back to their native Australia.
5. According to Blanchett in 2006, they made this move to make a permanent home for their kids and be closer to both of their families.
6. They also wanted to regain their sense of belonging to the Australian theatrical community.
7. They reportedly lived in a 1877 sandstone mansion in Bulwarra, Sydney, which they bought for 10.2 million in 2004 and made changes to it to become more eco-friendly.
8. Since the sale of this property in late 2015, Blanchett and Upton purchased a house in East Sussex, England in early 2016.
Happy Wedding Anniversary Cate and Andrew!