DeVito and Perlman celebrate their 36th wedding anniversary today- so we reflect on their time together as husband and wife with some things you might not know about the couple.
1. The couple met on the 17th January 1971 at a one off Broadway play called The Shrinking Bride, starring Perlman’s friend and DeVito.
2. They had a whirlwind romance and moved in together just two weeks after they first met.
3. DeVito and Pearlman got married on the 28th January 1982.
4. They went on to have three children; Lucy Chet DeVito (1983), also an actress, Grace Fan DeVito (1985) and Jacob Daniel DeVito (1987).
5. The pair have acted alongside one another several times, namely in the TV show Taxi (Perlman played Louie’s girlfriend, Zena) and as Matilda's parents in the motion picture Matilda.
6. They co-founded Jersey Films together, which has been responsible for films such as Pulp Fiction, Get Shorty, Man on the Moon and Erin Brockovich.
7. The couple also wrote and produced Minestrone (1975) which was screened at the Cannes Film Festival and has been translated into five languages.
8. Sadly, they separated for five months in October 2012 after 30 years of marriage and 40 years of being together.
9. In March 2013, it was revealed that they had reconciled their differences and called off their break up. The couple allegedly separated for a second time in March 2017. DeVito acknowledged on the March 26, 2017 episode of CBS Sunday Morning that, while he and Perlman had separated, they were not planning on getting a divorce.
9. The family lived in a mansion in Beverly Hills, California, which they bought in 1994, however they sold the estate, reportedly for $24 million in 2005.
10. The couple also own a bungalow near Rodeo Drive in Beverly Hills and a multi-residence compound on Broad Beach in Malibu. They also have a vacation home in Interlaken, New Jersey, where they spend time.
Happy wedding anniversary Danny and Rhea!
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.