Actors Christopher Plummer and Elaine Taylor celebrate their 47th Wedding anniversary today so we take a look back over their marriage with some things you might not know about them as a couple.
- Taylor is Plummer’s third wife. He was previously married to actress Tammy Grimes and journalist Patricia Lewis.
- They met while they were filming Lock Up Your Daughters In Ireland in 1969.
- It was rumoured that Taylor’s red hair appealed to Plummer, which she had tinted for the role.
- The pair started dating in the same year.
- They got married on October 2nd 1970 in Montreal, Quebec.
- Plummer’s best man was his childhood friend Toby Johnson and his wife Alice was bridesmaid for Taylor.
- They now own a 100 year-old converted farm house in Weston, Connecticut.
- There is a thirteen year age gap between the couple.
- In 2012, Plummer said the key to a lasting marriage was ‘staying out of each other’s hair’. He admitted that he argued a lot with Taylor they ‘always end up in laughter which saves the day’. (Wikipedia)
- He has commented on the positive influence Taylor has had on his life: ‘a combination of Edith Cavell and Julia Child ... a nurse and a cook. I feel guilty sometimes that I denied her a wonderful life, that she's wasted it on some terrible old ham. She could have married a duke or a prince! And she knows it. But being British, you see, she never complains. She's very well trained.’ (Wikipedia)
Happy Wedding Anniversary Christopher and Elaine!
Tagged in Christopher Plummer