Richard Gere and Cindy Crawford would have celebrated their 26th wedding anniversary today- had they stayed together, so we reflect on their time as a couple with some things you might not know.
1. The couple allegedly first met at a barbecue at the photographer Herb Ritts' house in 1987.
2. Actor Gere married supermodel Crawford in 1991 at the Little Church of the West in Las Vegas.
3. Sadly, the marriage only lasted for four years until 1st December 1995.
4. Crawford later came out and said that it was the age gap (he was 25 and she was 42) that contributed to the dissolution of her marriage; she told Vogue; "I think a lot of what happened with Richard and I was that I was still 22 and at 22 - as a young woman - I was kind of still figuring out who I was and what I wanted to be and he was already 37. So in some ways, he knew that I was still growing and changing. I just didn't want to hear it from him because at 22 you think you know everything. You think you're already formed. And then you realise, 10 years later, that they were totally right.".
5. In 1993, they were named by People magazine as the sexiest couple of the year.
Where are they now?
After Crawford divorced Gere, she married businessman and former model Rande Gerber on May 29, 1998. They have two children, son Presley Walker Gerber (born July 2, 1999)and daughter Kaia Gerber (born September 3, 2001).
In November 2002, Gere married model and actress Carey Lowell. They have a son, Homer James Jigme Gere, who was born in February 2000 and is named after Gere's and Lowell's fathers, as well as the Tibetan name Jigme.
In September 2013, the two separated after 11 years of marriage. The couple allegedly went through three years of divorce proceedings in Manhattan Supreme Court. The case was settled in October 2016.
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.