Discover the beauty of the south coast.
Offering visitors beautiful countryside, an amass of naval history and food heritage to discover, Hampshire is full of hidden gems for honeymooners to unearth. Whether you’ve got a head for heights and you’re looking to experience the breath-taking views from the top of Spinnaker Tower, or prefer to keep your feet on solid ground exploring the array of nature that reside in the New Forest, it’s a great location for newlyweds to visit on their first break as husband and wife.
Here are just 10 reasons why Hampshire is the ideal honeymoon destination for newlyweds:
- Experience a bird’s-eye view over the Portsmouth Harbour with a visit to Spinnaker Tower - but with a glass floor, it’s not one for the faint hearted!
- As one of the leading racecourses in the UK, a trip to the iconic Ascot Racecourse is sure to provide a memorable day of fun and frolics.
- Boasting breath-taking views, woodland, picture-perfect villages and the white cliffs of Seven Sisters, the South Downs National Park is full of hidden gems.
- As the setting for Downton Abbey, Highclere Castle and Gardens will leave you feeling like the Lord and Lady of the manor.
- Immerse yourself in nature with a trip to the leafy New Forest, exploring the woodland trails and the wildlife park.
- As the home to Jane Austen, and the birthplace of some of her most popular novels, visit Jane Austen’s House Museum for an insight into her much-loved literature.
- Home to England’s naval base, Portsmouth offers some of the best naval history. Venture on board HMS Victory, or take a trip to the interactive National Museum of the Royal Navy.
- Visit one of the few remaining undeveloped coastal areas on the southern coast, and enjoy a boat trip with your loved one from Chichester Harbour.
- With the Isle of Wight coastline nearby, you can have a day trip and unearth the stunning beaches and promenades.
- With countless beautiful holiday cottages available in cottages.com’s Romantic Collection, couples will be find it easy to find a cosy base to call home.
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon