Head to Shropshire’s rolling hills for the perfect honeymoon.
Stokesay Castle, the Shropshire Hills and The Royal Airforce Museum are just a few of the reasons to honeymoon in Shropshire. Awaiting those that are lucky enough to head to the county for their first break as husband and wife, is history, countryside and countless things to see and do, meaning no matter what you look for in a getaway, Shropshire is an ideal location.
Here are ten reasons why Shropshire is the perfect destination for any hooneymooners:
- As a designated Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, the Shropshire Hillls provide stunning views across the county.
- If you’re in search for an adrenaline rush, then Shropshire is an ideal honeymoon spot. With multiple river rafting and tubing opportunities, you’re sure to carry on the thrill of the wedding.
- As the home to Stokesay Castle, visitors can make the most of their stay with a trip to the English Heritage site. Why not climb to the top of a fairy-tale tower and enjoy the magical views of the Shropshire Hills?
- Home to the Royal Airforce Museum, you can enjoy the culture of the region, with a look back at the history of the aviation industry.
- Boasting picturesque gardens and set in 29 acres, The Quarry provides the perfect place for a romantic stroll as newlyweds.
- If you’re looking for a different view of the region, you can even experience Shropshire from the sky, by trying out skydiving. It’s bound to ensure you have a honeymoon to remember.
- Overlooking the River Teme, a trip to the Ludlow Castle allows you to experience a touch of history as one of the first stone castles to be built in England.
- Experience a piece of Roman history with a trip to Wroxeter. Discover the remains of the bathhouse or wander around the reconstructed town house.
- Discover the animals at Telford’s exotic zoo. From reptiles to meerkats, there’s plenty to see and do.
- With a wide selection of properties featured in its Romantic Collection, newlyweds are sure to find their dream honeymoon stay with cottages.com!
For more information and to book the perfect honeymoon, visit www.cottages.com or call 0345 498 6900.
Tagged in Honeymoon