Jenna Fischer and James Gunn would have celebrated their 17th wedding anniversary today so we remember a time when they were a couple with some things you might not know.
- After Fischer moved to Los Angeles, her friend Sean Gunn introduced her to his brother- screenwriter James Gunn.
- Fischer first met at a script reading for The Specials (2000), which he wrote.
- The pair married on 7th October 2000.
- Gunn’s hometown a paper said that their wedding was officiated by Lloyd Kaufman. Gunn later confirmed that this wasn’t the case; “They said I was married by Lloyd Kaufman, which is not true. He was at my wedding and he gave a speech.” (Wikipedia)
- They announced they were separating in September 2007 in a joint statement.
- When Fisher was interviewed in 2008, she confirmed that the pair had finalised their divorce.
- They reportedly still remain friends since their split.
- In 2010, Fischer helped Gunn with the casting of her Office co-star Rainn Wilson in Gunn’s new film Super.
Source: Wikipedia and IMDB.