As summer (finally!) seems to have arrived, it is now a great time to perform the yearly maintenance checks that your household’s plumbing and drainage systems deserve.
In order to help you through this, Dyno, provider of plumbing services, has put together a few basic tasks to get you underway in and outside your home:
- In your bathroom, you can clean your showerhead by removing it and leaving in a bowl of vinegar overnight. In the morning scrub off any lime-scale deposits with an old toothbrush and re-fit.
- Test all external and internal taps to see whether water is flowing freely and leak free.
- Pour water into any waste outlets that are used infrequently to stop nasty odours around home.
- Check any pipe insulation that is fitted is still intact and in good condition.
- Clear all debris and leaves etc. from external drains.
- Where safe to do so ensure gutters are free from all debris, leaves etc. you may need to seek the services of a professional to do this due to height of your guttering.
- Having had a lot of use over the winter, the summer is also a good time to have your central heating serviced or checked by a qualified engineer.