by Taryn Davies |
The secret to Miranda Kerr, Megan Fox and Jessica Alba’s incredible body is all written in stars as you’re twice as likely to participate in fitness activity if you’re a Taurus than any other zodiac sign, according to new research.
The research, from payasUgym.com, reveals how a person’s star sign can ensure they have a head start in the race to sporting success, without them even realising.
Based on research of over 20,000 of its users they discovered that you’re nearly twice as likely to participate in fitness activity if you’re a Taurean than any other zodiac sign. However, not to worry if you’re not born at that time of the year - Geminis, Aquarians and Libras came second and joint third respectively.
With a strong bias towards athletic stars, Taureans are described as extremely determined, persistent and dependable – all the ingredients needed for a highly competitive athlete. However, they can also be stubborn and self-indulgent. Others in the group include; three-time Wimbledon champion Fred Perry, arguably the greatest boxer of all time Sugar Ray Robinson, West Indies batsman Brian Lara, All Black’s legend Jonah Loma, as well as Andre Agassi, Laura Trott and Tony McCoy.
Gemini in second boast an equally impressive line-up of athletes; with tennis stars Rafa Nadal, Venus Williams, Bjorn Borg and Novak Djokovic, Team GB Olympic medal winners Tom Daily and Mark Cavendish, as well as maverick footballers George Best and Paul Gascoigne all being members of this zodiac sign.
Virgo however is by far the least fit star sign and the least likely to produce sporting stars. Perhaps the fact that banned Tour De France cyclist Lance Armstrong and nearly man ‘Tiger’ Tim Henman are some of the better-known athletes from this star sign goes some way to explain this finding.
Jamie Ward, Co-Founder of payasUgym.com: “It’s interesting to see that the success of the top athletes appears to be predestined by the stars, particularly when you see the depth of sporting talent that are born under Taurus.”
Results (according to over 20,000 people), including a selection of key athletes and celebrity stars:
1. Taurus (19%) – Uma Thurman, Carmen Electra, Megan Fox, Miranda Kerr, Jessica Alba, Craig David, Sir Bradley Wiggins, Andy Murray, Rory McIlroy, David Beckham, Fred Perry, Brian Lara, Jonah Loma, Andre Agassi, Sugar Ray Robinson, Tony McCoy and Laura Trott.
2. Gemini (13%) – Angeline Jolie, Kylie Minogue, Courteney Cox, Natalie Portman, Tom Daley, Rafa Nadal, Venus Williams, Bjorn Borg, George Best, Johnny Wilkinson, Steven Gerrard, Novak Djokovic, Phil Mickelson, Mark Cavendish and Paul Gascoigne.
3. Aquarius (10%) - Harry Styles, Justin Timberlake, Taylor Lautner, Jennifer Aniston, Michael Jordan, Jack Nicklaus, Babe Ruth, Cristiano Ronaldo, Eusebio, Jessica Ennis, Rebecca Adlington and Colin Jackson.
4. Libra (10%) – Gwyneth Paltrow, Usher, Kim Kardashian, Gwen Stefani, Sir Seb Coe, David Haye, Ayrton Senna, Serena Williams, Martina Navratilova, Victoria Pendleton, Bobby Charlton, Ian Thorpe, Evander Holyfield and Ricky Hatton.
5. Capricorn (9%) – Kate Middleton, Michelle Obama, Mohammed Ali, Tiger Woods, Michael Schumacher, Lebron James, Lewis Hamilton, George Foreman, Joe Frazer, Jenson Button and Jack Wilshere.
6. Cancer (8%) – Tom Hanks, Selena Gomez, Will Ferrell, Lindsay Lohan, Lionel Messi, Michael Phelps, Carl Lewis, Nick Faldo, Carl Froch and Zidane.
7. Leo (7%)– Usain Bolt, Steve Martin Madonna, Charlize Theron, Roger Federer, Pete Sampras, Daley Thompson, Tom Bradey and Donald Bradman.
8. Aries (6%) – Emma Watson, Kirstin Stewart, Mo Farrah, Sir Chris Hoy, Sir Steve Redgrave, Joe Calzaghe and Senna.
9. Scorpio (6%)– Ryan Gosling, Scarlett Johansson, Gerard Butler, Pele, Maradona, Wayne Rooney, Billie Jean King and Gregg Rutherford.
10. Sagittarius (5%) – Britney Spears, Ben Stiller, Milla Jovovich, Paula Radcliffe, Amir Kahn, Manny Pacquio, Ryan Giggs, Boris Becker and Geoff Hurst.
11. Pisces (4%) – Daniel Craig, Bruce Willis, Olivia Wilde, Floyd Mayweather, Martin Johnson, Shaquille O'Neal, Lleyton Hewitt and Reggie Bush.
12. Virgo (3%) – Cameron Diaz, Prince Harry, Jack Black, Lance Armstrong, Tim Henman, Ronaldo (Brazilian) and Shane Warne.