We all crave chocolate in the mornings from time to time, but what are the best ways to feel guilt-free about having it for breakfast?
Here are our top five ways to satisfy your choco-cravings while still having the best start to the day.
- Make breakfast dunk-ably good by adding a high cocoa percentage dark chocolate to your breakfast fruit platter. Many studies have shown that Dark chocolate can positively affect your health, so why not dip bananas and berries for a chocolate treat.
- Warm yourself up with a hot chocolate – mix it up by trying your hot chocolate recipe with almond, soya or coconut milk. For a less sugary brew swap your cocoa powder with raw cocoa, for those with a sweet tooth you may want to add date syrup or sweeteners.
- Want a bitter sweet breakfast? …then add some pizzazz to your morning porridge, overnight oats or granola by adding a teaspoon or two of Cacao nibs for a fun texture and chocolate boost.
- You may have heard on the grapevine that Kellogg’s Coco Pops is now 40 per cent less sugar? Well, following a recipe overhaul the cereal is now made with premium cocoa to ensure you can turn the milk extra chocolatey. A source of iron and 6 B vitamins, as well as an impressive 50 percent of your daily Vitamin D, this is the easiest chocolate fix.
- When rustling up your milkshakes, pancakes or porridge for a post-workout breakfast why not add a tablespoon of chocolate flavoured protein powder to give it a chocolatey bite.
Tagged in Food Tips