Regatta’s top 10 Bonfire Night Tips:
Setting the scene:
1. Bring along finger food or enjoy a campfire barbeque. Firm favourites such as sausage rolls, Scotch eggs, hotdogs and marshmallows are perfect for an easy fire side treat loved by adults and kids alike! Pair with your favourite winter warmer beverage and you’ll keep hunger at bay.
2. Keep the firework display contained to a certain timeframe (7:30-8pm). Sporadic bursts punctuating the evening may irritate neighbours, disappoint guests and disrupt the flow of the evening.
3. Never go near a firework that has been lit - even if it hasn't gone off, it could still explode.
4. Light sparklers one at a time and only give to children over the age of five.
5. Keep your pets safe. Ensure pets are kept indoors and all windows, doors and cat/dog flaps are shut.
6. Only buy fireworks marked BS 7114 (The British Standard for Fireworks) from a reputable shop with knowledgeable staff.
7. Have several buckets of water and sand available to fully extinguish seemingly dead sparklers and other fixed or ‘stationary’ fireworks like Catherine wheels. You can never be too safe.
8. Ensure that there is a safe buffer zone between fireworks and guests, especially small children.
Wrap up warm:
9. Don’t get caught out in the cold. The drop in temperature is often a trigger for colds and flu. Keep your head, hands and feet covered in winter warm accessories to prevent losing body heat.
10. Alongside your gloves, hat and scarf, bring along a Regatta waterproof and insulated jacket and Easy Pack rucksack, the perfect solution for cool nights that can be packed away when not in use.
Regatta’s outdoor clothing and accessories are available across the UK in a variety of outdoor shops and online.
– To find your nearest Regatta stockist visit www.regatta.com/buy/info/stockistsNew
– Check out Regatta’s Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/regattagreatoutdoors
– Follow Regatta on Twitter at http://twitter.com/regattaonline
Share your Bonfire Night tips with us in the comments below or tweet us @FemaleFirst_UK