Valentine’s Day is the perfect reason to get your baking hat and apron on and try some new in the kitchen.
If you’re hoping to impress and melt hearts at the same time then try these strawberry shortbread hearts from Rachel’s. They’re easy to make and delicious!
Here’s what you’ll need and how to do it –
Strawberry Shortbread Hearts
Makes: 12 biscuits
Preparation time: 10 mins
Cooking time: 10 mins
225g salted butter, softened
100g caster sugar
225g plain flour, sifted
Icing: 200g icing sugar, sifted
4tbsp Rachel’s low fat strawberry yogurt
A few drops of pink colouring, if required
1. Pre-heat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas Mark 2. Lightly grease a baking tray.
2. Place the butter and the sugar in a mixing bowl and beat together until pale. Add the flour and bring the mixture together until soft dough is formed.
3. Tip the dough onto a floured surface and using a floured hand gently roll out to ½ cm thickness. Using a heart shaped cutter, cut out the dough and place on the prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake until golden brown for approximately ten minutes. Leave for five minutes on the tray to cool and then transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool completely.
5. To make the icing, mix the icing sugar with the strawberry yogurt and beat until smooth, add the colouring and beat again.
6. Using a small piping bag, pipe the strawberry icing within the contours of the biscuit. Allow to set.
Have you tried this recipe? Let us know your thoughts by commenting below or tweeting us @FemaleFirst_UK