- My favourite film is what I believe to be the best noir-cartoon-comedy of all time, Who Framed Roger Rabbit?
- I’m a water sign, like Luca in Bad Things Happen Here (she’s a cancer; I’m a scorpio.)
- I fell in love with Ava Gardner when I was fourteen (to do the same, watch her in The Killers (1946))
- Bad Things Happen Here is my first thriller, but not my first book—I’ve also published two contemporary novels, and a Riverdale horror spinoff, too.
- My dream is to adopt a bunch of old lady cats and give them a completely luxe life filled with indulgent snacks and a thousand soft surfaces for them to claim as their own.
- I started writing my first ever book when I was sixteen (and it was truly terrible, but it was a start!)
- Luca and I wear the same red lipstick: NARS Mysterious Red.
About Bad Things Happen Here
The island of Parris: paradise or poison? Luca Laine Thomas lives in Parris, the beautiful island plagued by the unsolved deaths of young women - most significantly, Luca's best friend. All Luca wants is to heal from the traumatic loss and leave her feelings of guilt and helplessness behind. Then Luca comes home to find the police at her door. Her sister, Whitney, is dead. Luca and Naomi, the new girl next door, decide to take the investigation into their own hands, and along the way their connection deepens. Soon, their casual touches and innocent flirtations become something way more real. But finding out what happened on the night of Whitney's disappearance reveals lie upon lie. Nothing is as it seems. Will Luca's search finally reveal truth about her sister's murder? And will she unravel and escape the clutches of the curse and survive Parris?
About Rebecca Barrow
Rebecca Barrow is the critically acclaimed author of Interview with the Vixen, This Is What It Feels Like, and You Don’t Know Me But I Know You. She is a lover of sunshine, Old Hollywood icons, and all things high femme. She lives and writes in England. Visit her at www.rebecca-barrow.com